The site is located on the south eastern edge of
Poulton-Le-Fylde which is a popular residential area. Access to the site is via Brockholes Crescent; numbers 61 and 63 are to be demolished to provide the access. Please note the postcode for the houses to be demolished is FY6 8HX. The site is better inspected from Oldfield Carr Lane along which runs a public footpath. The postcode for the Farm just to the south of the site is FY6 8EN.
Poulton-Le-Fylde benefits from excellent commuting. Links through rail and motorway as well as a variety of amenities and services including schools, pub, restaurants and shops. The site extends to a gross area of 9.56 acres (3.87 hectares) of agricultural grass land.
It is understood that all main services are available. A copy of the TDS utilities report is available within the information pack.
The site has the benefit of a resolution to grant Outline Planning Permission for the development of up to 108 dwelling houses. Planning was approved at Committee on the 7 June 2017, reference: 16/00742/OUTMAJ, subject to a Section 106 Agreement.
Section 106 Obligations
The current scheme has been assessed by Lancashire County Council under their formulaic approach for education which gives an exceptionally high contribution based upon 108 units all at 4 bedrooms. Individual purchasers will need to consider their own scheme against the formula and confirm the amount that has been
allowed within their offer. Other S106 obligations include:
The Poulton Mitigation Strategy payment is £85,000. Travel Plan is chargeable at £6,000.
This is to be 30% which based upon the maximum of 108 units would be 32 units although that would reduce accordingly. 50% of the dwellings are to be affordable rent providing 2/3 bedroomed apartments and houses with 16 intermediate, 2/3 bedroomed units. We will need details of purchasers affordable housing revenue assumptions. Further information is available within the technical pack.
Enquiries can also be made to Wyre Borough Council on Tel: 01253 891 000.
The masterplan provided was submitted for illustrative purposes only and has not been approved, with the exception of the access. Offers should be supported by the purchasers own layout which takes account of the constraints in the planning permission as well as the layout of the adjacent Redrow scheme.
The planning approval requires a number of off-site highways improvements to be delivered. The agreed drawings for these works are included in the technical pack. Offers should reflect the cost of delivering these works.
Condition 16 of the approval requires a scheme of
archaeological investigations to be agreed and completed before the development can commence. It is intended that this condition will be discharged by The Strategic Land Group before contracts are exchanged.
A full strategy and indicative design has been prepared based on the illustrative masterplan.
This has been prepared and reveals no significant issues which would impact on the development of the site. Further details are contained within the report.
Once parties have registered their interest it will be possible for us to send an electronic link to download the technical pack which includes but is not limited to the following:
1) Application Forms.
2) Planning Statement.
3) Location Plan.
4) Amended illustrative masterplan.
5) Design and Access Statement.
6) Topographical survey.
7) Air Quality Assessment.
8) Outline Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment.
9) Ecology Survey.
10) Noise Report.
11) Utilities Report.
12) FRA and Drainage Assessment.
13) Amended Drainage Design.
14) Microdrainage Calculations.
15) Phase 1 Geo-environmental Assessment.
16) Phase 2 Geo-environmental Assessment.
17) Transport Assessment.
18) Access Design.
19) Junction Improvement Designs.
20) Adopted Highways Records.
21) Draft S106 Agreement.
22) Committee Report.
23) Heritage Report.
Method of Sale
Offers are invited for the freehold interest to the property by way of informal tender with a tender date of Thursday 28 September 2017 at 5pm. A supporting tender form and schedule for completion in terms of assumptions is provided.
Our clients are seeking overage on two bases. Firstly floor area and secondly selling price.
We are looking to maximise the value of the site.
Preference may be given to offers that are unconditional although we would expect the best value to be delivered by a Reserved Matters Application and a purchase subject to that being approved.
We would expect the Reserved Matters Application to be based upon the existing permission and we would expect any offers to be unconditional with
the exception of a Planning Condition.
Offers should be accompanied by a proposed time scales, including any necessary board approval process.
We understand that the purchase price will be subject to VAT.
Further information is available by the sole Agents:
Contact: Alice Morgan / David Cowburn
Tel: 01704 895 995
Email: Alice.Morgan@abarnett.co.uk /
Title & Tenure: The property is offered for sale Freehold with vacant possession to be given on completion.
Viewings: Viewings are strictly by appointment with the sole selling agents.
Method of Sale: Informal Tender
Money Laundering Regulations Compliance: The new Money Laundering Regulations brought into effect on 26 June 2017 require all Agents to obtain proof of identity of all purchasers looking to acquire land and property. Customer due diligence will be carried out in accordance with these Regulations. Offers will be considered subject to
receiving the necessary identification.
For the attention of David Cowburn Bsc (Hons) MRICS FAAV
SUBJECT TO CONTRACT
Armitstead Barnett for themselves and the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are given notice that:
1. All descriptions, plans, dimensions, references to conditions or suitability for use and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct. Any intending purchaser or tenant should not rely on the statements of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as the correctness of them.
2. Any electrical or other appliances at the property have not been tested nor have the drains, heating plumbing or electrical installations. All intending purchasers are recommended to carry out their own investigations before Contract.
3. No person in the employment of Armitstead Barnett LLP has any authority to make any representations or warranty whatsoever in
relation to this property.
4. These particulars are produced in good faith and set out to the general outline only for the guidance of intended purchasers or lessees in order for them to make an informed decision regarding the property and do not constitute an offer or Contracts nor any part thereof.
5. Where the property or any part thereof is leasehold, any intended purchaser is advised to consider the terms of any existing Lease or
Tenancy document or Agreement as to the term, rent, rent deposit, conditions and or covenants (if any) affecting the property.
6. All correspondence (whether marked or not) and all discussions with Armitstead Barnett LLP and or their employees regarding the property referred to in these particulars are subject to contract.
View properties as soon as they come to the market with our notifications to alert you of new properties in your area.
You can also keep up to date of new opportunities within different sectors by subscribing to our newsletter.